Thursday, December 10, 2009

G-Force

 
G-Force
(Blu-Ray, DVD + Digital Copy)
Walt Disney Pictures


This is one of those movies that I was dreading to get for review but my kids have been begging to see this movie since it came out in the theaters.  Being the great dad I am my response to them was, let's wait until it comes out on DVD.  Well today as I opened our front door there laid a UPS package with this DVD in it.  So when my kids realized I got it they almost exploded with excitement in anticipation of watching it.  So, of course, being the great dad I am I did not hesitate to pop this puppy in the player.  Much to my surprise this was a very enjoyable movie and (SURPRISE!) my kids loved it!

The G-Force is an elite group of secret agent guinea pigs employed by the FBI.  On the eve of a budget review Ben, the G-Force human leader, orders an unauthorized raid on the home of a very wealthy home electronics business mogul.  After retrieving what was supposed to top secret information and instead was information on a coffee maker.  After this unsuccessful venture the government decides to shut down the G-Force unit and orders the guinea pigs to be terminated.  With the help of their human companions the guinea pigs escape and find themselves in the unlikeliest (or likeliest) places.  Unwilling to let the turn of events deter them the team will stop at nothing to end the evil schemes of Leonard Saber.  Eventually the team re-organizes and sets out on this mission but not without the narrowly escaping the clutches of the FBI who are hot on their trail.  Darwin, Blaster, Juarez and Hurley use all of their resources intellect to work together save the world from the evil clutches of Leonard Saber.

Overall this was a fun movie with a lot of action and many laughs for the whole family.  Included on both DVD and BluRay are tons of extras including "bloopers and flubs", deleted scenes, music videos and a couple of shorts about the inspiration behind the movie and a look at the G-Forces High Tech G-Force Training.  This is a must movie for any family with children and would be a great last minute Christmas gift or stocking stuffer.


Rating: 4 out of 5 Pops